Dog separation anxiety is a dreadful problem to be addressed in the canine world. The following article discusses the ways to treat separation anxiety. One of the greatest joys of dog ownership is the bond you and your dog share. Your dog is one of the social animals that require love and affection and sometimes this affection and love can cause harmful consequences. If your dog is attached to you in more than the required manner, then he may start behaving in a weird manner when sensing your absence. If dogs become too reliant and dependent on you, then separation anxiety can develop.
Dog separation anxiety is an enormous and critical problem to address and over 10% of all puppies and dogs get this syndrome. If you as a master do not take steps to conquer the situation, then there may be a situation when you have to leave your pet in an animal shelter. Therefore, it is important to proceed through a step by step plan that can treat your dog. First ascertain your symptoms, causes and then discover the ways to treat it.
Dog separation anxiety is not an easy syndrome to cure but if you can get to the root cause, fixing it becomes easy. One need to understand the problem from your dogâ€™s prospective, let us try and do it. Dogs are social animals and seek their ownerâ€™s company all the time for more than one reason. Given a choice your dog will want to spend every bit of their time with you. So, it is common that when you leave, your dog can experience varying degrees of behavioral changes when you arenâ€™t around. People around the whole world are searching for ways to treat their dog of this dreadful problem. There are however many ways to treat your dog and restore his mental balance.
There are many ways to help your dog and treat this syndrome. Some of the ways you can help your dog are:
- Medication and exercises will really help your dog ward off his mental stress. Exercises such as walking, running and playing will tire your dog and your dog will definitely want some time alone to rest. Medication therapies will help your dog practice behavioral changes and implement them efficiently.
- Make a place exclusively for your dog, this will help your dog to relax, play and be in that place when you are out of house.
- Do not let your dog show you excess love, ignore him whenever possible but keep in mind that you notice him after some time. Repeat this practice for a few days or weeks, depending on the severity of the condition.
- Where the situation worsens, send your dog for behavioral modification and obedience training at the first instance.
- Do not ignore your dog too much; doing that will trigger his anxiety level to the supreme.
Dog separation anxiety is an condition that can be effectively cured if and only if you as a loving owner help your dog to the core.
Dog separation anxiety is a serious
behavioral problem that can cause tremendous stress, not only for your
dog, but for you as well
can occur in dogs of all ages, and sadly, it is one of the main reasons that dog owners
give up their beloved pets
for adoption, or worse, have their
If youâ€™re a dog lover; if you have a new dog or if youâ€™re planning on
getting a dog, this is a must-have book in your library
. Without question, it will help
you not only learn how to modify your dogâ€™s behavior if it suffers from
separation anxiety; it will also help you prevent
separation anxiety in the first place.